Saturday, 1 August 2026

I got a chance to pick yourself up..

​I had a chance
I did the work through the 12 steps, 
Moving away from addiction and that place which would have lead to death
I am so pleased I have fellowship otherwise I would have faced death. 

One thing at time, 
It’s a marathon and not a sprint, 
You get no reward for doing everything fast, 
You need to be patient with yourself first, that sort of balance shall last. 

Today is all we got, 
I have said that a few times before, 
Yet it still remains true from the journey we endure
We should sought laughter and plenty more. 

You love who you love
And care for who you choose to care, 
I love you, even if I never meet you again
Take these words of comfort, a safe space we all ought to depend.

Jason
1st August 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know me…

​I know I can be difficult  I know I can be awkward to be around, I know my articulation can be cutting and not very profound. I know I can ...