Catford, It’s been my home for over half a century,
So now I am mixing it up, and to myself that is what I use to say
Now I am leaving as this borough can’t accommodate me anymore, to allow me to stay.
The place has changed
Drugs, alcohol which brings mental health to its heights
To a point I am pleased to be leaving
Yet part of me wished they could help me… as I tried to keep believing.
Time for a change
Pleased to finally leave,
I have family here and been in this borough since 1977
I recall my secondary school, Catford Boys when I started going to when I was 11.
I have a mixture of feelings
I really don’t want to leave,
But then again, this is a door opened, and a chance God didn’t deceive.
People said to fight to stay,
But it was my time to go away,
I rather be in a quiet part of England, and to be around somewhere new as I know all shall be okay.
“Lewisham has been my home since 1973, due to policy and housing crisis… I had to leave.”
Jason
20th August 2026
"None of us can stay positive all of the time.... my theory and practical is this, if you pray everyday, be nice to that one person every day (or better still more people), then the world will have that little more love to show and perhaps you will feel better....Anger solves nothing, love creates harmony, encouragement, hope and love..." What about me? I have type 1 diabetes, love the arts and I am a god fearing man (I am sure you can tell)...... I am also on IG type '@jaypoeticsensitivity.
Thursday, 20 August 2026
What I won’t miss
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What I won’t miss
Catford, It’s been my home for over half a century, So now I am mixing it up, and to myself that is what I use to say Now I am leaving as t...
-
I am here Father, can I talk to you? I need some help, can you advise me how I can ensue? I am looking towards peace Looking towards those I...
-
You are smart And you are witty Yes, you may say immature things at times, yet you are allowed to be bitty. Remember this when you are feeli...
-
Listening to Fleetwood Mac’s song: ‘Everywhere’ Wasn’t that the place we once were? Moving through the turmoil and then we realise we need t...
No comments:
Post a Comment