Monday, 10 August 2026

Waking up.. new day

​As I wake up
And head in a little spin,
Trying to capture my bearings as I wonder what this day would bring.

I know I am sober 
And blessed to be still alive,
I know the drink got too much, now I revel to a place I can continue to thrive.

I wake up and write these words 
I start a day with prayer and poem,
I may never meet you again, but these words I shall give to you,
Care in abundance, the direction I ensue.

Tiredness will soon leave
I’ll go to the gym as my faith in God I receive.

So that you for this day which isn’t guaranteed,
And making the most of it as each day I look to succeed.

Jason - Alcoholic (609 days sober)
11st August 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like this walk (A.A)

​I like this walk with A.A. I know I am recovering and that this disease never goes away. To the new people here, give this a genuine try So...