Tuesday, 18 August 2026

I know its going to be alright

​I know it’s going to be alright
I am just a little nervous at this moment in time,
I want to pick up but I am grateful my sponsor was at hand
He said to me: “don’t you dare touch a drink as I will soon call”
I felt comfort during this potential fall. 

I am feeling sober right now
And it feels great, 
I will soon have a warm drink to calm my nerves
As the 12 step programme gives you a chance to serve.

I know I’ll be alright
I just need to stay still and remain in the present time, 
And focus on God and leave this at his son’s feet, 
Therefore I am here today; in the present moment as I want to cool down and not face the heat.

I know it will be alright 
I have no chance but to find a way, 
I need to speak to a light minded fellow as the anxiety is attacking through the thoughts which currently lay.

I know it will be okay
Thanks to my higher power, as I am scared what will happen next, 
I need to stay in the present, and avoid hearing words which can cause myself to vext.

Jason
18th August 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment

Experience, strength and Hope (ESH - A.A. Poem)

​I care for you  But you need to do the work,  So here is my story, thought I was going to die, I continued to drink until it started to get...