Tuesday, 18 August 2026

Experience, strength and Hope (ESH - A.A. Poem)

​I care for you 
But you need to do the work, 
So here is my story, thought I was going to die, I continued to drink until it started to get worse. 

I had that epiphany
That moment that changed a lot, 
I didn’t want to be on this earth
I felt I had no value in my life… for what’s that was worth. 

I did eventually get the help, and received the community detox to get this stuff out
I started to abstain, as this new life I was still dubious for wanting to be about. 

The thing is we are here, we have another chance 
I wished and prayed for all people with this disease to come through this torrential ordeal,
And that life today is simply for the ‘here and now’
I end my queue there, as I shall take a humble bow.

‘Always in recovery.. grateful A.A. Member”
Jason
18th August 2026


No comments:

Post a Comment

Experience, strength and Hope (ESH - A.A. Poem)

​I care for you  But you need to do the work,  So here is my story, thought I was going to die, I continued to drink until it started to get...