Tuesday, 11 August 2026

When I became sober….

​I did a chair today
I tried my best to be raw and honest, 
I found these lovely people going through various difficult times
And they required a A.A. Meeting to seek a story to relate to… and tie in what’s in my heart and mind. 

I spoke from the heart
I gave my heart because they needed to know this programme works, 
Don’t take my word for it! you see it in the rooms
It’s about honesty to openingly share
As God has hit your heart and mind… to be fair. 

He used me to say my truth, 
I just went with the flow and avoided the alcoholic I once was… and disturbingly rude. 

I prayed for these people during my talk,
I saw brokenness to the very core, 
Good people do hit hard times, especially as they are unable to find a way out,
Therefore, you drink to oblivion… and you think escape is worth a shout. 

All I say is that is that I, and others do care, without a question of doubt,
I may be leaving London to go to Birmingham, but you have my mobile number…. Plus I’ll always be about.

“Grateful to be sober today..”
Jason
11th August 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can’t be bothered

​ Title: I can’t be bothered   I can’t be bothered to get into a debate,  People who turn their words around and decided what they said t...