Tuesday, 28 July 2026

Not a walk in a Park…. (Diabetes poem)

​This condition isn’t a walk in the park, 
Someone said once: “Do you need to say you have diabetes all of the time.”
That was my Mother, how dare she! she isn’t in my team now to help me heal.. and find. 

I need the right people around me, 
I need the right people to help me through, 
I know the complexity of managing this condition 
but I appreciate God shall heal me through any addition. 

times change, and I will always get a hypo to challenge the mind
The internal organs will be put under pressure, it’s an unavoidable pressure which isn’t so kind. 

Don’t feel sorry for me, or people in the same situation as I, 
Others need to be regarded too, yet when it comes to safeguarding to avoid a hypo attack,
You need to be stoic but find balance too, 
The most important person on this diabetes journey…is ultimately you…

“Life of a type 1 living with diabetes… Jason🙏🏽✍🏽”
Jason
28th July 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heat and hypos

​there’s heat and hypos The struggle you can’t avoid,  Overfilling yourself with sugar as blood sugars drop, I call it ‘balancing the books’...