Friday, 24 July 2026

Diabetes charm

Another day with this condition, a poem recited as there is another rendition.
Live with this day for one day, 
Others say they can’t, 
When I have a hypo I rather not chant. 

Actually I want to yell
But I need to stay calm, 
I rather to show the angst of a hypoglycaemia which damages the nerves for further harm. 

We came in all shapes and sizes
It’s not a size thing, just something that happens to people like me,
I am in chains with this condition, as insulin produced give me a glimmer to be free. 

But you fight
You don’t speak a word to another soul, 
It’s not personal, I want to have a laugh too
It’s on my silly terms as a controlling diabetes, I am pleased I have this.. not you.

Jason
24th July 2026 
Type 1 Diabetes fighter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diabetes charm

​ Another day with this condition, a poem recited as there is another rendition. Live with this day for one day,  Others say they can’t,  Wh...