Tuesday, 28 July 2026

In a world full of debates.

​We argue about anything these days, 
Strange times that I wished went away, 
When did we last have fun?
Talk nonsense and went for a run?

I use to play music on my cassette tape and enjoy the beat
Singing octane sounds, from songs of Cat Steven’s, Tina Turner or Seal
Those were the sounds that had wonderful melodic appeal. 

Now its about being miserable, talking politics and not going for jog
When do we discuss about making things better rather arguing and saying ‘that’ ridiculous’,
I love the sounds of love, and coolness of playing sport 
Those years when pinnacle achievements was through a gift, and something that cannot be bought.

When did we last smile at each other without it taken the wrong way?
I can take someone making fun of me, that’s light minded.. but you need to take the same back
Or become ‘passive aggressive’ as something through your childhood always attracts. 

Chill, leave it be
The world is a bigger than any of us, can’t you see?

So goodbye my friend reading this poem means a lot
And if you can’t relate to the words, then at least I have given it a shot.

Jason - Alcoholic (596 days sober) 
28th July 2026 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heat and hypos

​there’s heat and hypos The struggle you can’t avoid,  Overfilling yourself with sugar as blood sugars drop, I call it ‘balancing the books’...