Sunday, 26 July 2026

A message for the diabetes team… a poem

I won’t get political….
I leave that with people who want to fight our corner 
Do not pull the plug on money, even though there are others who try their luck
But this condition shan’t go away
The auto-immune condition honestly doesn’t have a place to stay.

So as I go out for a walk and wonder what to expect?
I know this could be anyone of us, living with a tad of apprehension
But losing control of your blood sugar.. well that is apprehension.

Insulin to open the enzymes 
Where the insulin opens the enzyme chamber, 
We are here for today only 
The damage of the organs we can’t avoid
We have to accept the hurt, this isn’t to be toyed. 

So thank you for reading this note, including the other  poem too
Learning to calculate the food consumption to ensure insulin is injected correctly 
Making sure all is sync synced accurately and gently.
This life living as a diabetic isn’t based on ‘perhaps’ but it’s based on absolutes.. ​but what do I know? I only live with this.
Jason
26th July 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment

A message for the diabetes team… a poem

I won’t get political…. I leave that with people who want to fight our corner  Do not pull the plug on money, even though there are others w...