Wednesday, 29 July 2026

Heat and hypos

​there’s heat and hypos
The struggle you can’t avoid, 
Overfilling yourself with sugar as blood sugars drop,
I call it ‘balancing the books’ yet it’s hard to prevent this kind to stop.

You can’t be fast and possess a diabetes mind, 
You need to balance your temperament, and towards yourself become kind. 

Two boiled sweets and and sugary drink
Defers the object when training at the gym to balance body, mind and soul,
And hold onto your higher power and that it’s not a bad thing to go slow.

The heat is unrelenting 
The vertigo has its strain, 
I am just grateful to God and the ‘good’ around me, that having a hypo is the last thing to maintain.

Jason - Alcoholic (and 23 years a diabetic😂)
29th July 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heat and hypos

​there’s heat and hypos The struggle you can’t avoid,  Overfilling yourself with sugar as blood sugars drop, I call it ‘balancing the books’...