Saturday 22 October 2022

Drinking to excess

All in moderation
Drinking excessively, and tell a headache story.
A Hangover of hangovers to mention
And then there’s that empty pocket which brings further tension.

You meet the company and go from there
As you get older the body can’t always recover
This love story with alcohol isn’t your long lost brother.

I can see the merriness the endorphin entices
Yet there is moderation in drinking, you don’t need further surprises.

Sitting here with a bacon sandwich and a coffee to recover
Now I know why I stopped this level of drinking,
As my youthful years gradually pass
Sitting here with a book, a glass of water which I make sure shall last…

Jason
22nd October 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment

The light will show

The sun will rise The body will break and then eventually awake, That’s the journey we enter through the Father, who is able to take. Made m...