Wednesday 5 October 2022

I am now with you…

You are now at peace, and will see your beautiful wife.
Coming home to you, where there shall be peace,  warmth and hope,
Looking over your children and theirs too
Prayers from the spirit I wish to imbue.

There will always be love in this world
And you showed that in abundance,
A loyal fan of the Hammers football club
“Forever blowing bubble”  reminiscing that cup win in 1980 and others before,
Now coming home to peace, like that silverware which Trevor Brookings header on that occasion brought to the fore.

Now going to see my beloved Edie, perhaps long overdue,
Who I recall too was a avid fan of Wimbledon fortnight that graced this earth ,
Watching adversaries… Newcombe, Evert, Borg and Billie Jean King 
The two weeks embraced, and curious to who would bring that silverware in. 

To describe you, I’ll call you: “humble, gentlemanly, loving and kind”
We will no doubt miss you 
But I am sure you are looking over us, that is where I take solace to the mind.

You are at peace Bill… love from us all
Jason
6th October 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment

praying to move forward

So what now? Are you waiting to pit yourself down? Your past is your past, and you’ll never go back The Father in heaven shall provide you w...