Thursday 18 January 2024

Two burning candles

Two burning candles
Burning ever-so bright,
They are Angels from heaven and are within a heartfelt sight.

Missing those who aren’t here to say a simple ‘hello’
And a dream to comfort you, from the time my head hits the pillow.

You can guess who these lights are for? Which is I 
Yes I miss them, but they are no longer in pain, even if a tears do appear from time to time.

These candles may burn into the midnight sky
And love of God I do need, not the angst, which makes me say goodbye.

The lights will never go out, 
Even at the time when my eyes shall close
I know these stars are within us all, like a petal blossoming from a rose.

Jason
19th January 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment

praying to move forward

So what now? Are you waiting to pit yourself down? Your past is your past, and you’ll never go back The Father in heaven shall provide you w...