Thursday 4 January 2024

I just want to be with you

You brought a smile to my face
You contacted others, at a specific time and place.

Yes, we didn’t see eye to eye for the first 20 years
Now you are not here… as my tears are protected by prayers to refute any fears.

You were my friend 
And you did save my life,
You gave me a hug when you knew I was in strife.

You were open minded and formidably astute
And you took no nonsense from others, and could easily give them the boot.

You were my Dad
The best I could have ever asked,
Yes, there were things you didn’t agree from with that I did
As you told me upfront, so therefore contemplated as I may possibly rid.

“Love you Dad…”
Jason
5th January 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment

The light will show

The sun will rise The body will break and then eventually awake, That’s the journey we enter through the Father, who is able to take. Made m...