Tuesday 14 June 2022

No insulin

The pump decides to stop 
Sugar level terribly high
I can decide to worry, or decide to try.

The insulin pump makes a constant “beep”
I am in the gym but waters craving to get out 
I need to keep struggling to get through
And then there is life I want to ensue.

People will try to tell me what I already know
Do they live with it? It’s not like a cold 
It’s something so intricate, where you have to grow.

You become your own doctor, nurse and patient in one
And if you can help others on this diabetes journey like mine? 
Then you are welcome to join in.. 
but remember, this diabetes journey we are all looking to win.

Jason
T1D champion 
15th June 2022


No comments:

Post a Comment

The light will show

The sun will rise The body will break and then eventually awake, That’s the journey we enter through the Father, who is able to take. Made m...