Friday 3 November 2023

I was waiting

I was waiting sleeping bedsides my beautiful dad’s bed
A moment to say I love him again, for the cherished moments we all have fed.

Yes, we did fight 
Bickered, that sort of thing…
He was my friend,  person in the 1960s who frequently singed.

Don’t get me wrong? We fought like tooth and nail,
Yet in our love, I would be honoured to go on a boat with him and now go for a sail.

Yes, he was a stubborn old git
But like his children, nieces and nephews, he was awfully fit,
I say goodbye to him, but only for today
The memories of this wonderful Dad of mine shan’t go away.

“Love you Dad”
Jason
3rd November 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment

The balance (guarding your heart)

Lord I need to confess to say you are our king You bring us solace for all the psalms we can are allowed to sing. In treacherous times when ...