Friday 3 November 2023

Having a hypo

Guess what?
Having a hypo is a struggle and a half,
And when you do have one; you don’t feel half daft.

The sweats, the eyes sweeping 
And then afterwards the sugars run high and you start sleeping.

You try to balance, because in fact, that’s what it is
Then you face this nonsense day to day,
Minute by minute, then there are the struggles of the hyp…lows
And stem any of the nonsense… and the almighty blows.

This hypo stint, all of us type 1s do endure 
We look to avoid these struggles when feeling awfully low,
Taking on the diabetes fight which most people don’t understand, or know.

I was told not to speak about my diabetes one day
I want to rest my pancreas, now, the red blood cells have gone away,
So as I rest when filling my body up with sugar carbs 
As I pray to God I no longer have to face any further injury as I devoid any harm.

“Diabetes stories from lived in experiences, love moi” 
Jason
3rd November 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment

The balance (guarding your heart)

Lord I need to confess to say you are our king You bring us solace for all the psalms we can are allowed to sing. In treacherous times when ...