Sunday 4 June 2023

Said it as it is

My Dad 
He said it as it is
One of a kind 
God discovered this beautiful soul, and despite having one eye to see
He loved others to simply be.

He questioned injustice
And loved his fellow man,
He was a micky taker and very inquisitive,
Loved his wife and children but wasn’t afraid to be direct or dismissive.

You may not understand his thought process
but proud to say he was my friend,
He saved my life on countless occasions, a true darling, one I would defend.

I won’t lie, it hasn’t always been rosy
But he pulled through at the end,
My beautiful Dad lives inside my beating chest 
A gorgeous person, the one I pray to God for a loving this gorgeous human who I wouldn’t think anything less.

“Always leave on good terms… if you don’t pray to God for forgiveness”

Jason
4th June 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment

praying to move forward

So what now? Are you waiting to pit yourself down? Your past is your past, and you’ll never go back The Father in heaven shall provide you w...