Monday 5 February 2024

My friend.. Yiayia Florenza

She was my grandmother 
Calm and polite,
She was beautiful and amazing in sight.

She was my ‘Yiayia’ 
Translated as ‘Grandmother’ in Greek,
She was my friend and there was wisdom for what she did speak.

Those who judge 
They can leave me alone, 
She as a monumental child of Christ, would keep you safe and never left alone.

She was my place of peace
For where I see our God, 
There was this presence about her, which made a glum day fully bright 
Thank you Father, she was the essence for what you see as right.

‘Yiayia Florenza.. my friend and honoured to be her grandson x’
Jason
6th February 2024

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The balance (guarding your heart)

Lord I need to confess to say you are our king You bring us solace for all the psalms we can are allowed to sing. In treacherous times when ...