Thursday 14 July 2022

Starting the day with the father

You embrace the day
But waking up can be a chor,
You sit, settle and reflect
There is a prayer to follow, you know he has this perfect.

You bring joy when I say your name
I am now unforesaken with my wake up call,
“Thank you lord” for the breath in my lungs 
I feel better now, when I think of you
No more trashy nights or fall or ending up in a grubby loo.

I thank you for holding my hand at night
The rarity of hatred hitting my core,
Actually it’s a waste of energy anymore.

Sitting down with a coffee or bite to eat
Energy flowing with prayer, I shall now retreat.
Humble mercies, food in the belly and a pillow to lay
Just forgot?? I’ve just woken up to you lord, how brilliant way to start the day.

Jason
15th July 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment

The light will show

The sun will rise The body will break and then eventually awake, That’s the journey we enter through the Father, who is able to take. Made m...