Sunday 15 May 2022

I have no privilege

I have no privilege despite my skin tone 
I am loved by God but receive no rights,
My anchor, my love for which I need  to fight.

Sure I love others 
Do I want others to suffer?
And yes, I do refuse to cry
Where anger towards my colour can say goodbye.

Aren’t we meant to support each other?
Black, white, red or Green?
We are loved by an all cumbersome father whose son has wiped our slate clean.

A person of colour, I am that too…
Ain’t my fore fathers from Africa saved my heart
And when I pray, it’s for my brothers and sisters, there I shall not depart. .

Jason
15th May 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment

The light will show

The sun will rise The body will break and then eventually awake, That’s the journey we enter through the Father, who is able to take. Made m...