Wednesday 4 May 2022

Holding a grudge

You know there’s no point holding a grudge
Yet life takes its twists and turns 
And then unexpectedly someone you love decides to want to burn.

Your stomach is guttural 
Your mind is all over the place,
And you try to hold your counsel together 
And despite best efforts, your words are not that clever.

I was asked to write a poem for someone I love
But their past with me brought out my worst, 
The words I wanted to write did not come out
Often or not, I would rather hit them.. and perhaps shout.

Try to forgive, 
for your sake, not theirs 
Pray to the father for forgiveness, to release the burden, for which you no longer share.

Jason
5th May 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment

The light will show

The sun will rise The body will break and then eventually awake, That’s the journey we enter through the Father, who is able to take. Made m...