Who would have I disappointed? Myself of course!
And you know what? I came ‘this close’ for wanting a drink,
God stopped me.. by making me think.
I stopped, I almost called a fellow but I restrained instead,
I wanted to continue on this sobriety journey, so I have worked hard for this.. so all well from these I am about to say and lay this past to bed.
I tasted the drink in my mouth,
A relaxer… and a overwhelming craving,
I was all over the place and constantly wavering.
I know the fellowship wouldn’t have judged me if I decided to slip,
But I am staying with this God programme, the 12 steps will provide me with an almighty grip.
I avoided ‘this’ near miss
I avoided because I spoke to God first,
If I craved a drink, it wouldn’t be alcohol I’ve wanted to have thirst.
“Nearly… I didn’t.. just for today”
Jason
2nd October 2026
"None of us can stay positive all of the time.... my theory and practical is this, if you pray everyday, be nice to that one person every day (or better still more people), then the world will have that little more love to show and perhaps you will feel better....Anger solves nothing, love creates harmony, encouragement, hope and love..." What about me? I have type 1 diabetes, love the arts and I am a god fearing man (I am sure you can tell)...... I am also on IG type '@jaypoeticsensitivity.
Friday, 2 October 2026
Wanted to pick up… but didn’t
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Prayer, meditation or chat
Prayer, meditation or talking? You can do all of them whilst walking. Yet its connection with your higher which needs to remain, When all ...
-
Listening to Fleetwood Mac’s song: ‘Everywhere’ Wasn’t that the place we once were? Moving through the turmoil and then we realise we need t...
-
You are smart And you are witty Yes, you may say immature things at times, yet you are allowed to be bitty. Remember this when you are feeli...
-
I am here Father, can I talk to you? I need some help, can you advise me how I can ensue? I am looking towards peace Looking towards those I...
No comments:
Post a Comment