Wednesday 13 March 2024

Drunken stupor

Those were the days 
That I would drink to excess,
Went for it big time and ended up in a total mess.

I would go out on the lash
Thinking it would be a great night,
I was a happy drunk back then, so wouldn’t end up in a fight.

I was slightly silly
And would be very hard on myself,
Spending money which long to save 
As on a night out I would feel that I am on a crest of a wave.

So now I have learnt my lesson
Yes, I like drink or two,
Yes the company you keep many be exuberant and a bit lively 
Now I am in God’s reach now, as my humility eeked out, and that’s a bit slightly.

“Getting older…. And a little wiser”
Jason
13th March 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment

The balance (guarding your heart)

Lord I need to confess to say you are our king You bring us solace for all the psalms we can are allowed to sing. In treacherous times when ...