Friday 29 April 2022

The good and not so good

Back then, we used to take our time
Now everything is a frantic rush, 
Programmed for failure, which is a bit too much.

Back then, the speed wasn’t so great
Even when we went fast, our phones wasn’t with us to take the bait.

We were more humble in spirit 
Less like machines,
God’s said this would happen
And we do nothing to prevent the relentless surge
Now we are reeling in an unnecessary purge.

Back then…We listened to happy songs through soul, rock and popular culture,
Sorry.  I am being a little critique now, but times now have a bit more vulgar.

I pray one day we do not implode
Through the pain and speed we inflict,
And what is our answer: “I do not know why.”
I simply pray for us all to stop for the reasons I sigh.

Jason
29th April 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment

The light will show

The sun will rise The body will break and then eventually awake, That’s the journey we enter through the Father, who is able to take. Made m...