Friday 25 June 2021

Insulin

A vital organ we all need to have
Without it, you can’t break any sugar in your body,
You need to be mindful of the carbs you eat otherwise  you’ll feel shoddy.

I pray one day this organ shall release inside
The ups and downs and people saying “you can’t eat that .”
So I say “so you are a doctor of endocrinology?
“Perhaps you can scientifically  insert a red beta cell with your clinical psychology ?”
“Or you are you a plastic diabetic, the one who knows how to inject?” 
“actually I know my body better, through this challenging defect.”

I  am now on a pump that releases insulin outside in
No more injections I need to take
But I carb count into a pump with a cannula hanging around,
I am content with that 
As those needles no longer need to surround.

Insulin, the recovery to get a cure looms ever so closer,
People on insulin or metformin face a daily fight,
Administering injections or medication to stay alive, 
I own diabetes, it doesn’t own me…that’s how I survive.

“Everyone is a doctor, especially the deluded ones πŸ™πŸ½πŸ˜˜πŸ€£πŸ€£❤️“

No comments:

Post a Comment

Going forward