Monday 1 August 2022

Do you think I just turn up

Do you think I just turn up? 
I stretch and I move
I have music in my ears to make me work
Yes, the gym is a little crazy … as well as and a bit berserk.

You say “it’s alright for you, you are fit”
How did I get there… “did I simply turn up?”
No I worked hard and got out of my comfort zone
Now I am praying to God, for where I am not alone.

Yes, there is deep breathing 
At times I am struggling and seething,
Yet the strength I’ve captured through God
Is a sign he wants me to work hard to believe in him and me…
Can’t the world understand working hard is an achievement?
Not an antidote of resentment!

You become strong because you put yourself there 
Others want to get drunk and think they can take on the world,
It takes dedication and belief to get to that healthy place
And that’s where hard work pays, for what I embrace.


“ I just turn up?….. please……”
Jason
2nd August 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment

The balance (guarding your heart)

Lord I need to confess to say you are our king You bring us solace for all the psalms we can are allowed to sing. In treacherous times when ...