Sunday 7 July 2024

80s Buzz

Today we take things seriously
And I suppose we did way back then!,
But then again music didn’t aim arrows against us
And there was a TV with a few channels that we had no choice but to trust.

There was Buck Rogers and Dukes of Hazzard to view
There were bubble gums that lasted that bit longer when we chewed.

There was ‘Wonder Woman’ and ‘Hill Street Blues’
And there were soap operas that were less depressing to watch, as timing was balanced and didn’t constantly flew.

There was pen to paper, and the phone you had to press the buttons or dial the number around
And there was the two police officers in the programme ‘chips’, which brought entertainment to the ground.

There was laughter through board games 
And politics was switched off when the paper was put down,
And most importantly there was fun television like Tiswas and Magpie, this was light hearted humour..which was a great discovery found.

“1980s poem.. yes, there were incidence.. but all things were laid back”
Jason 
8th June 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment

As I dream

I wake up and I do say a prayer Even those I don’t want around, in my heart I do truly care. We need to learn life isn’t fair, it never has ...