Tuesday 9 July 2024

The day I got type 1 Diabetes

It was around April 2003
Wanting the loo immediately after I drank a glass of water ๐Ÿ’ง 
And then my eye started to lose a bit of vision
I needed a sign, not anyones advice or even permission.

So I got a diagnosis 
And my brother said: “Diabetes!, ooo that’s so fashionable”
I was pretty perplexed and not very tangible.

The journey hasn’t been steady
Especially when other people panicked, weren’t calm when my hypos caused myself to be unready.

And when the medical team said I should do D.A.F.N.E. to understand how to administer this condition,
As time and time again my hypos knocked me off balance 
As I learned to move forward and eventually enhance.

This condition won’t become the death of me
It’s the people who say: “I couldn’t inject”
That’s the last of your problems as the long term can do lasting affect

So stay positive and be kind to you
Don’t feel embarrassed when a hypo or hyper hits,
The refinement of life through a diabetes window won’t ever lead you in bits.

“Living and accepting your life with Diabetes….”
Jason - T1D
10th July 2024


No comments:

Post a Comment

What truly matters

What truly matters is peace of mind To find all possibilities which are kind. Not all questions have answers As sometimes there is a ‘full s...