Wednesday 10 July 2024

Broken devotion

2015, I was so unsure what life would bring,
Isn’t that question to all of us all?
Well my story begins like this… so now I refute the need to stall.

One relationship broken, yes, yet again…
I tried my best but it didn’t work,
I was so trying so hard in all aspects of my life,
Working hard, yet I do fall in love so easily 
Then God intervened and said I was his
Yet still I had questions; still as I wasn’t buying this ‘so called’ spirit called ‘God’
Angered by rejection through ample criticism of a consistent prod.

So a friend called Peter said: “can I pray for you?” After I constantly bickered about this and that
I replied: “yes, everything is failing me right now”
Peter prayed for ages as I felt my mind constantly blowing 
Actually this was a significant moment which started a ‘new spiritual’ growing.

You see, I was vexed, so angry that was deep routed inside my heart
Members of my family saying hurtful things, so I decided to suppress
But ultimately God showed me a light to honour myself to feel blessed.

The weather was wet and felt no hope
But I’ll tell you this, if I didn’t believe in God before, I do now,
Now I accept he is there and I can access the Father 24/7
I now know and believe there is a new home that awaits 
I do have sad moments but praying to the Father refutes my feeling to hate.

Today I share these words because it’s personal to God and I 
And if you see me saying my story again… 
I know and believe through the Father a new me has begun.

“Devotional poem, the summer God found me…. Jason”
Jason's
10th July 2024




No comments:

Post a Comment

What truly matters

What truly matters is peace of mind To find all possibilities which are kind. Not all questions have answers As sometimes there is a ‘full s...