Thursday 29 April 2021

Diabetes Moods

Probably a term I’ve just made up 
Talking to someone about this condition upset me a little 
A reminder of a constant reaction where I feel brittle..

Trying hard to focus
And there are days when you feel down,
Saying to someone it’s not nice having a sugar low
Especially when you have diabetes and the mood is evident to show.

There’s that chance you can collapse and go into a coma
And yet you are balancing life and keeping yourself  aligned 
You are a child of God and remain perennially refined.

I want to be positive, strong and do what is right
Yet this condition is more than a fight. 
It’s about your control and others empathy towards thee
Dear Father take this condition away, so I can feel more like me.

“I said to a consultant today, that I want this to go away, the lows are grating on me. May God remove anyone who has type 1 diabetes.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The light will show

The sun will rise The body will break and then eventually awake, That’s the journey we enter through the Father, who is able to take. Made m...