Monday 22 February 2021

My memory *turning a negative into a positive

My Yiayia (nan)
I have said these words before,
This was my Angel
My life
My precious 
Who took away any negative strife.

Facing battles 
Someone you love who doesn’t understand you;
Yet my Yiayia was guardian Angel
My perennial hope 
My light, fire and continuous gain 
The person who only had to look at me
From that I shall never refrain.

People do look to attack
Their battle is theirs’,
I am quite capable of striking with anger
Yet my Yiayia was my rock and the reason I smile
The devil has no hold; even for a little while.

To dislike 
To say things bad
Who benefits? Who now looks tame?
I now think of my Yiayia 
I feel her presence always sustains x   

No comments:

Post a Comment

The light will show

The sun will rise The body will break and then eventually awake, That’s the journey we enter through the Father, who is able to take. Made m...