Friday 10 August 2018

There was a time..

There was a time I would sit at a bar
Drinking beer to release my woes
But what I was doing was finding new foes.

Everyone to their own
We all have a right,
But don’t harm your soul to excess
The human condition doesn’t need to feel any less.

I did what I did 
And live with what was done,
I was harming my body 
Assuming this was the way forward to having fun.

We do what we need to do 
To release these happy chemicals 
Is the focus to capture
Yet the outcome enters you into unhealthy rapture.

Stay focused in faith 
Love the lord until the end 
For our father is beautiful 
Well, that’s what I depend x x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The light will show

The sun will rise The body will break and then eventually awake, That’s the journey we enter through the Father, who is able to take. Made m...