Monday, 3 November 2025

High and slow

I recall when I used
I fell over many times,
a lesson not worth remembering, as I wasn’t held to paying a form of tithe.

I over did it
like we all did,
people asked “why did you do this?”
my normal reaction would be: “I wanted to go all out”,
as I wanted ‘chaos’ to be my best friend and those were the times the body would recover,
I didn’t want a cup of tea from my own or other paternal mother.

But do you know what?
I did what I did because I lived for me,
people can advice what’s best for you, but from your eyes they couldn’t see.

I am getting older
And starting to become my own best friend,
I will slip up from time to time as it’s myself and God for whom I can depend.

“If you haven’t walked in that person’s shoes, say ‘nothing’”.
“If you haven’t walked in that person’s shoes, say ‘nothing’”.

Jason
3rd November 2025

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking through the dark...

You look at the night  It seems so still,  Some of us are thriving, and some struggle over that hill.  The light is removed You have reached...