Monday 2 March 2020

What have I learnt? (Type 1 Diabetes Poem)

2003 a health page turned in my life 
Looking at my health in a different way
Story of a new beginning, this is what I am about to say. 

To understand my mindset from what the condition has done
Hasn’t been a bundle of laughs, nor at all fun. 

People telling me what I need to do 
Yet I produce no insulin, but they still do
The sheer impact to my body 
Where others have an opinion,
Where mine is an “continuum”..,

Where I am from others have tried to control,
I tell them to back off, I’ll learn what I need to know.
Yes I am clinical 
And yes I am methodical to balance this auto immune life I constantly face
Yet one thing for certain I shall do my best, 
without the element of haste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The light will show

The sun will rise The body will break and then eventually awake, That’s the journey we enter through the Father, who is able to take. Made m...