Sunday, 1 June 2025

Being left alone

I don’t want sympathy
I don’t desire pain,
Yet there are times I know refuting others causes me to go insane.

Sometimes I do need a drink
A somber moment that may entice,
I try to be there for others, as generally I know I am well meaning and can be nice.

I push back because of betrayal 
I push back because words and questions cause my mind to spiral,
Then the contradiction in that, I do need to learn
As without questions how does anyone discern?

I push back because it’s safe
I don’t need connection with anyone;
Especially those who think their wind ups are funny!
They don’t share the same sense of humour as I do where their presence can only be god lead; as I soon be running.

Jason
2nd June 2025

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here to another week

Another week to be thankful Another week to be grateful, Another week to show the way of the spirit, And that often you see him in the centr...