Monday 29 January 2018

Diabetes challenge

Daily tests from a type 1 best
Having diabetes is a skill in itself, 
Knowing what you can or, cannot eat
You are the champion of your own dietary destiny
Hence you can find balance in your commonality .

To work out your sugars is maths on its own,
Calculating carbs in grams of 10, is what you initially need to remember 
Every unit lowers bloods by 2 to 3
Hence the magic of the equation simplifies from what I can see.

To hold back that treat is not always a bad thing 
I did struggle initially and sometimes have a lapse,
Yet that is my challenge, not to be too hard on the blood result 
As learning the skill to balance, food, exercise and the mind
Is generally what we all should manage, 
therefore an education is discovered from those who need to avoid their savage.

15 years of challenges which I have learned so much about my health,
Days where the insulin has not balanced right
And sometimes I often thought I was in some kind of plight.

Now the tables has turned
And the maths has arrived through guile and skill.
Do I like having the condition? No...
But at least I know more about a common condition and I can give advice,
Previously I would struggle with what to eat
Which now this isn’t so difficult to compete.

Jason Andrews
(C) Copyright 
29th January 2018



No comments:

Post a Comment

The balance (guarding your heart)

Lord I need to confess to say you are our king You bring us solace for all the psalms we can are allowed to sing. In treacherous times when ...