Tuesday 19 December 2017

My Diabetes Prayer

2003 I found out a result that changed my life forever
I started to lose weight and  my eyes were getting blurry,
And my sometimes clear voice started to get a little slurry.

I went to the GP and  that ’D’ word was said,
I thought “ooops, not sure what to do here”
What can I eat? What can I do?
Need more answers, rather than prolonged political clues...

A Mate said “get on with it”
And I confess that’s the best advice I heard 
I faced a tricky couple of months not knowing what to do, 
Yet this curve ball made me strong in dealing with life’s equation, and clues.

I went to D.A.F.N.E. 
Meaning dose, adjust, for, normal eating
A great philosophy to work myself out
As I was heading towards an organ beating!!!

The condition had taught me how to embrace 
What seems a difficult condition that involves   Maths.
“What do you mean?” You night say
Well it’s all about discipline and control
As I learn to pivot forward and demonstrate a sugar contained soul.

The condition isn’t easy but it’s a good challenge to learn, 
You are never alone, I have been where you now face.
Amen dear father I am in such a better dietary place.

“I have Type 1 Diabetes and I just get on with it..”

Jason Andrews
(C) Copyright 
19th December 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

The light will show

The sun will rise The body will break and then eventually awake, That’s the journey we enter through the Father, who is able to take. Made m...