Tuesday 4 January 2022

Youth

The time you were young
reminiscing what path laid ahead,
Some receive a good upbringing 
Others stained,
Mine I prefer to stay refrained.

My Yiayia (Nan) 
The best person I could have hoped,
Never heard a nasty word to fall from her mouth,
I was merely a smudging of her ways
She was my cornerstone, the place I felt at rest
Missing her presence was more than a test.

When I was young she gave me an array of light
Her smile brought my youthful gains
I loved her dearly as the past healthily remains.

My youth was challenged with others that defend my cause
Yet their childish ways caused a storm,
I thought their ways was the norm.
Love of God, for we are children who need a hug
Brothers and sisters keep each other close
The sign of our youth could sometimes be missed
That time when I hugged my Yiayia, times I gave her a much needed kiss..
😘

Jason
4th January 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment

The light will show

The sun will rise The body will break and then eventually awake, That’s the journey we enter through the Father, who is able to take. Made m...