Sunday 16 January 2022

Healthy life (Life as a type 1.. with diabetes)

Living a life which other diabetics manage,
They learn to balance a range of food and activity more intensely;
others say they would be unable to achieve 
Yet our hearts race on, baring sugars and carbs into bodies and mind 
And now learning to accept the fact our insulin is pretty much blind.

No insulin in our body?
What does that mean?
I need a level of insulin to get into the enzyme to release energy,
And there are others ignorant to the fact with what you’ve got
They would look at you, or panic when you have a hypo
I rather suck on a boiled sweet, and tell those who panic to eventually go..

It’s a healthy life
And you can do what others can,
I am not overweight, actually active in fact 
I once use to dwell and say “why me?”
Now I live my best life and no longer scared 
As I felt the hypos when the plummet of sugars has dared. 

I one day pray for this condition to eventually leave,
Yet I have learnt so much through a diabetes reprieve;
May the heavens rise up and the red beta finally produce
At a time you feel you can become that little loose.

“Speaking from actually experience and type 1 diabetes management.. stay strong.”

Jason
16th January 2022


No comments:

Post a Comment

The light will show

The sun will rise The body will break and then eventually awake, That’s the journey we enter through the Father, who is able to take. Made m...