Wednesday 26 January 2022

Can’t switch off (life of a type 1 with diabetes)

What I can I say?
A condition there is hope to repair,
Yet when you live with it you want to turn off and glare.

But you can’t,
Blood testing, injecting and calculating food,
Say if you are not in the right type of mood?

Sugars high or even low
Can’t go back to way I once was,
Two sugars in my cup of tea, that dollop of ice cream when I felt that bit more free.

I want to turn off, I truly do,
Hypos are so so strange,
Mental health tested and others think you are deranged.

I suppose emotional intelligence is what others need
They may need to be spoon fed, then again, my own example is where I look to succeed.

Jason
27th January 2022

“Type 1 diabetes, you cannot switch off. It’s one of the most analytical conditions out there, and if your stoic temperament shines, that’s the life.. we refine… πŸ˜‰πŸ™πŸ½“ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The light will show

The sun will rise The body will break and then eventually awake, That’s the journey we enter through the Father, who is able to take. Made m...