Friday 14 June 2024

Those were the times

We use to enjoy watching 3 or 4 channels 
And the radio was, and can still be our friend,
There was Cagney and Lacey and many superheroes in our fantasy world we were inspired to defend. 

There was ‘Dukes of hazard’ and ‘Hawaii 5 O’to mention only a few, 
And there was ‘Knight Rider’ and ‘Magnum P.I.’ whom we loved so much when gazing at a heavy TV, like glue. 

I pray for this generation to sample what we had, 
I know it’s all smartphones and online payments to make transactions rendered,
I am humbled to live this generation which is now often defended.

Looking at the past this brings a smile to my face 
We didn’t always rush and there was much less haste,
Yes we had our problems and plenty of faults 
We balanced our lives without the compounding of a phone or laptop to connect 
Pen and paper is where it shall return to, when machine do eventually defects. 

“70s and 80s…. The way it use to be”
Jason
14th June 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment

Living with God

Can’t you wait? I can’t! The joy of this spirit filled each day No more pain or anger ever to stay. I feel his presence, but challenges are ...