Saturday 31 October 2020

Alcohol

In the pub today..
Simply minding my own,
Grown ups with children 
Acting through that devils spawn,
Yes, we need to loosen up.. but do not destroy a child’s confidence, that’s nasty... and forlorn.

I was abused as a child
It was soul destroying to say the least,
I didn’t believe in God at the time
Didn’t know what to do 
Yet there were Angels that believed... and the time will prevail in me and  you!!

When drink takes over...
A moderate amount is ok,
Jesus turned water into wine 
He didn’t want overspill, just us to follow him to refine.

They say you made your bed, lay in it...
Such negative words which others do not need to remind,
Why not pray, for we are not perfect
Like alcohol, never worth it.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The balance (guarding your heart)

Lord I need to confess to say you are our king You bring us solace for all the psalms we can are allowed to sing. In treacherous times when ...