Friday 30 August 2024

What that great man did

It was 2009
I wasn’t at all fine,
I tried to take my life before… and later Dad saw my note 
He left a message on my phone at the time I finished the gym 
I wanted to jump off a Clift… and not at a whim!.

My dad said: “I saw your note , come home so we can talk”,
I miss that old sod now, as now I want to continuously walk.

I was in my 30s but recovery needed to take place 
He sat with me when I tried to do a crossword to retrain the mind,
Indeed I was low, and through my abilities I felt blind.

My Father, the man who saved my life back in 2009
He treated me with love, honesty and kindness in what we all need to find

“Love you Dad…”
Jason
30th August 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment

What truly matters

What truly matters is peace of mind To find all possibilities which are kind. Not all questions have answers As sometimes there is a ‘full s...