Saturday 24 August 2024

Hungover

Why did I do it?
Drink to excess!
One followed the next, and it was Friday after all
The paralytic feeling led me to a drunken fall. 

Such a silly thing to do
And then a cigarette fell in the mouth,
I did go to the gym the day later
Yet it all contradicts itself through a self debater. 

Head feels a little light 
The hope to recover couldn’t arrive soon, 
Bless our poor heads as we have all heard this old tune.

I pray to God as I know I am far from perfect,
Yet through a recovery I know I am determined and worth it. 

Sitting here with a coke to soak in the alcohol I didn’t really need,
But then again I didn’t fall over with cuts that lead to ourselves which bleed. 

Jason
24th August 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment

What truly matters

What truly matters is peace of mind To find all possibilities which are kind. Not all questions have answers As sometimes there is a ‘full s...