Wednesday, 10 July 2024

Broken devotion

2015, I was so unsure what life would bring,
Isn’t that question to all of us all?
Well my story begins like this… so now I refute the need to stall.

One relationship broken, yes, yet again…
I tried my best but it didn’t work,
I was so trying so hard in all aspects of my life,
Working hard, yet I do fall in love so easily 
Then God intervened and said I was his
Yet still I had questions; still as I wasn’t buying this ‘so called’ spirit called ‘God’
Angered by rejection through ample criticism of a consistent prod.

So a friend called Peter said: “can I pray for you?” After I constantly bickered about this and that
I replied: “yes, everything is failing me right now”
Peter prayed for ages as I felt my mind constantly blowing 
Actually this was a significant moment which started a ‘new spiritual’ growing.

You see, I was vexed, so angry that was deep routed inside my heart
Members of my family saying hurtful things, so I decided to suppress
But ultimately God showed me a light to honour myself to feel blessed.

The weather was wet and felt no hope
But I’ll tell you this, if I didn’t believe in God before, I do now,
Now I accept he is there and I can access the Father 24/7
I now know and believe there is a new home that awaits 
I do have sad moments but praying to the Father refutes my feeling to hate.

Today I share these words because it’s personal to God and I 
And if you see me saying my story again… 
I know and believe through the Father a new me has begun.

“Devotional poem, the summer God found me…. Jason”
Jason's
10th July 2024




No comments:

Post a Comment

Here to another week

Another week to be thankful Another week to be grateful, Another week to show the way of the spirit, And that often you see him in the centr...