Friday 4 October 2024

Yiayia and ol’ man

I recall the times my Dad spoke about my Nan
Stories he said, when he took her out for a shandy and he’ll have a pint, 
During the beautiful times of the East End height.

He is now with her, probably having a black coffee (three sugars) and she will have a cup of tea,
I can see their faces now, which brings solace inside of me.

I see them smiling, laughing and chatting away
Just happy memories, which in my heart shall remain.

I love them as I feel them right ‘here’
Praying to God for peace as I have nothing else to fear.

The kindness they showed and wanting to give
Despite this treacherous world we live today, 
Their spirit inside us provides me hope to the day I’ll see them where we shall chat and be okay.

Jason
4th October 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment

As I dream

I wake up and I do say a prayer Even those I don’t want around, in my heart I do truly care. We need to learn life isn’t fair, it never has ...